Job title: Moderator/ Trainer
Job Location: Mazar-e-Sharif/ Regular travel to Sheberghan and Aybak cities
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: As per organization salary scale
Vacancy Num-ber: AHRRAO-IWPR-1.6
No. Of Jobs: 4
Organization: Afghan Human Rights Research and Advocacy Organization AHRRAO
Years of Experi-ence: 2 Years
Contract Dura-tion: 11 Months extendable
Education: Bachelor on Sharia, law and political science and Journalism
Closing date: 8 Aug, 2017
AHRRAO is an independent research and advocacy organization founded in 2010 and based in Mazar-e Sharif, Afghanistan. Its mission is to increase understanding and re-spect for human rights, gender equality and the rule of law through the dissemination of information, to influence public policy and practices by conducting high-quality, policy-relevant research, to promote a culture of research, learning and actively advocating for the implementation of its recommendations in accordance with laws and legislations. To achieve itsmission, AHRRAO engages with governmental institutions, civil society, re-searchers, youth and university students to promote their knowledge, strengthen the ca-pacity and create opportunities for analysis, reflections and debates.
AHRRAO is currently implementing projects funded by United States Institute of Peace (USIP)and the DeutscheGesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
Currently AHRRAO has 15 employees who are working in two projects of Access to Im-partial Trial funded by USIP and Initiative to Institutionalize Children’s Social and Legal Rights funded by GIZ in north Afghanistan.
We are looking for enthusiastic Trainers/Moderators to educate women in the Social, po-litical and Journalism fields. Trainer/Moderator will develop technical training programs and help project beneficiaries develop skills that will make them better professionals in socio-political fields.
Trainers/Moderators must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of expertise and pos-sess solid technical aptitude. Additionally, we expect Trainers/Moderators to be an excel-lent communicator, able to explain complex subjects in a clear and interesting way.
The goal is to contribute to the development of project beneficiaries knowledge and skills to meet organizational, social and political needs.
• Devise technical training programs according to organizational requirements
• Produce training schedules and classroom agenda
• Determine course content according to objectives
• Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
• Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
• Arrange for and conduct on-site training when needed
• Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
• Observe and evaluate results of training programs
• Determine overall effectiveness of programs and make improvements
• Proven experience as trainer
• Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
• Experience in designing technical course content
• Ability to address training needs with complete courses
• Working knowledge in MS Office (especially PowerPoint)
• Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds
• Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
• University degree in a relevant field
To apply: Please send your updated CV & Cover letter to the below mentioned email ad-dress till 4:00 PM, Tuesday 8th August 2017 and include Vacancy Number in the subject line of your application.
Application without subject line will not be considered.
AHRRAO is an independent research and advocacy organisation based in Mazar-e-Sharif, Afghanistan. Its mission is to increase understanding and respect for human rights and the rule of law through the dissemination of information, to influence public policy and practices by conducting high-quality, policy-relevant research, to promote a culture of research, learning and actively advocating for the implementation of its recommendations in accordance with laws and legislations. To achieve its mission AHRRAO engages with governmental institutions, civil society, researchers and university students to promote their knowledge, strengthen their research capacity and create opportunities for analysis, reflection and debate.
AHRRAO was founded by Hayatullah Jawad in 2010 and has a board of directors that includes university lecturers, representatives of non-governmental organizations and journalists. AHRRAO currently participates in projects of the United States Institute of Peace (USIP), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), the Free University of Berlin and German Foriegn Office.
We are looking for a responsible Project Coordinator PC to administer and organize all types of projects activities, from simple activities to more complex plans.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our project supervisor to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. PC will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries. To succeed in this role, the PC should have excellent time management and communication skills, as she will collaborate with project beneficiaries and target groups and as well as project internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to ensure that all project activities are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
• Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
• Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
• Liaise with project beneficiaries to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
• Assign tasks to moderators and assist with schedule management
• Make sure that project beneficiaries’ needs are met as projects evolve
• Help finance department to prepare project activity budgets
• Analyze risks and opportunities
• Oversee project procurement management at the provincial level
• Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
• Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all project beneficiaries, governmental organizations and other parties.
• Work with the Project Supervisor to eliminate blockers
• Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
• Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
• Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
• Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
• An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
• Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
• Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
• Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Planner
• University degree in Administration or related field
To apply: Please send your updated CV & Cover letter to the below mentioned email address till 4:00 PM, Tuesday 8th August 2017 and include Vacancy Number in the subject line of your application.
Application without subject line will not be considered.
NOTE: Information about IWPR project can provided upon request to the follwoing email.
Access to Justice
AHRRAO is conducting an in-depth study on citizens' access to impartial trail in north Afghanistan
Reasons for Afghan Migration
Reasons for the Current Afghan Migration to the EU
RECENT ACTIVITY 2
Hayatullah Jawad, AHRRAO Executive Director has been invited by German Bundestag and the Federal Government, to Germany for a fact-finding tour